The examples below are just two of hundreds of similar contracts, that illustrate our levels of expertise in this particular area of shipping.
The ship-to-ship (STS) transfer at Tema of bagged sugar from a distressed vessel/liner to our vessel and delivery to the original Iraqi port of destination:
The distressed vessel suffered sea water ingress due to lack of hull integrity, therefore constant monitoring of stress and shear factors was necessary during the STS operation. Alongside this, Steamship Maritime ensured the ships positive stability and trim adjustment, to facilitate the cargo transfer between vessels of different configurations, utilising ships gear.
All STS parameters and logistics designed and executed by our own personnel.
A vessel loaded with cargo in South Africa for delivery to four European ports. The ship experienced difficulties at Gibraltar and was subsequently found to be in extremely poor condition, with numerous structural and equipment repairs needed urgently and class paperwork about to expire.
Steamship Maritime was engaged to establish the most viable and economic package enabling delivery of the cargo. Under our contract we accepted full responsibility for (and carried out) the following operations :
- Full assessment of the distressed vessel as to the practicalities of its completion of the voyage.
- Purchase of the distressed vessel (AIWI) by our company with the cargo onboard.
- Ship re-flagging, vessel re-classification (inc ISM requirements)
- Vessel repairs
- Re-crewing, bunkers, provisions and insurance.
- All vessel management and operations throughout cargo and ship delivery period.
- Upon completion of cargo discharge, the delivery of the vessel to a scrapyard.
All operations, administration, management and supervisory works carried out by our own Master Mariners and Control personnel.